What is RPA? Why is it gaining momentum?
“Robotic process automation (RPA) is the application of technology that automates workflow process, primarily for administrative work. RPA software can help automate large volumes of digital manual-processing work.” Forrester
“Robotic process automation (RPA) is the application of technology that allows employees in a company to configure computer software or a ‘robot’ to capture and interpret existing applications for processing a transaction, manipulating data, triggering responses and communicating with other digital systems.” IRPA (Institute for Process Automation)
Integrating the flow of information between internal and external applications and data sources is complex. This complexity is likely to grow more in the coming years as the need to leverage external data into your decision making processes rises, and also as companies further embrace cloud applications and self service web portals as part of how they do business.
Not only are you bogged down in complex, inefficient, manual process to obtain that information, you are equally taxed with complex manual process to transform, normalize, and ultimately deliver that information to your enterprise applications so the business can actually use it for something.
What is a good use case for RPA?
Some successful RPA implementations in Retail & Manufacturing automate the order entry process. Customers orders arrive from several sources: email, eFax, EDI, etc. By automating the process with software robots, the orders are received and processed into the desired systems more efficiently. This provides quicker ingestion of orders, reduction in errors, and the ability to reallocate the FTEs to higher value tasks such as customer service. Other implementations have included:
• Supply Chain / Logistics
• Accounting operations for Receivables and Payables
• Competitive Market Pricing
• Social and Brand Monitoring
• Content Migration
Lack of integration and manual processes
- The right Robotic Process Automation platform has the unique ability to manage large amounts of data from a variety of different sources –and to do it rapidly.
- More simply put, it a powerful software platform that enables you to easily and efficiently create a digital workforce.
- Your digital workforce of software robots can extract data, transform it, normalize it, and load it, by automating the same processes a physical workforce would undertake to execute those functions.
- The creation of that digital workforce is done without the need for new or existing API’s or intense coding projects.
This ability makes it ideal for:
Robotic Process Automation – Automating manual, repetitive information-driven tasks where data needs to be accessed & acted on as part of a business process.
The Benefits of Robotic Process Automation
- Process consistency: Same process over and over as designed
- Reliability: 24/7 robot availability
- Accuracy: No human process or data errors
- Audit trail: Visibility through process digitization for compliance purposes
- Productivity: Speed of execution and freeing of personnel for value-added activities
- Cost savings: Lower cost than offshore
- Elasticity: Ease in adjusting to changes in demand
- 25-50% cost savings
- 35% of job tasks can be repurposed by robots…
- Increases staff productivity, service levels and capacity by 35-50%
- Typically, one robot can do the work of two to five FTEs
- 100% Accurate, Efficient, and Available
A Digital Workforce of Software Robot Employees
Unlike physical robots who sit at desks typing, Robotic Process Automation employs software robots, which are better described as integration flows. These robots include powerful, dynamic process flows that provide tangible integration and automation capabilities. They mimic specific actions people take when interacting with web applications, web sites, portals, Excel worksheets, legacy green-screen apps, and email.
RPA will not completely eliminate the need for enterprise application integration or business process management, but it does offer a means to automate processes for which a full-blown EAI or BPM project would be prohibitively complex or costly, thereby extending the scope of what an enterprise organization’s technology suite can achieve. RPA provides a means to quickly and non-invasively automate existing back-office processes, and can provide a platform that will enable you to improve and modernize those processes in a sustainable and scalable way.
Automate Any Business Activity Involving User Interfaces, Data & Systems w/ NO CODING
Use software robots to automate virtually any business activity
Simplify Processes with a Complete Solution Stack
An enterprise software’s integrated portfolio is designed to meet the needs of today’s demanding customers.
It must have decades of proven industry expertise and we have developed a wide range of industry solutions tailored specifically to the needs of your organization.
Our broad capabilities can be grouped into these four areas: information capture, process automation, content management, and digital interaction. And our Mobil Integration and Analytics capabilities help you better serve customers, access information, and gain insights to improve your operational effectiveness.
- Easily integrate information across your business
- Return time to a busy work force
- Dramatically lower costs
- Eliminate human error
- Match the speed of business
- Achieve greater operational efficiency