Invoice management can be a time consuming and often error prone effort for most AP departments. Integrating a process workflow into your JD Edwards ERP system can have dramatic effects on the way you do business, increasing internal time efficiencies and company ROI.
AP automation features backend solutions including an email utility, capture software and OCR, and provides a dedicated workflow to deliver information directly to JD Edwards.
Here are the top 5 reasons to integrate AP automation into your JD Edwards system:
- Dynamic Line Item Matching – By pulling relevant data from the back end solution, a well integrated workflow can intuitively suggest coding as well as line item matching. Invoices can be matched to multiple purchase orders, goods receipts and even contracts, enabling a truly automated invoice process that also includes specific workflows for exceptions management and supplier adjustment requests. By integrating this with your JD Edwards ERP, you can easily streamline your process and provide a user friendly AP environment, reducing manhours previously spent on back end tasks.
- Any Invoice, Any Document – By implementing the right data capture and OCR products, your workflow can process any invoice format including EDI, XML, e-invoices as well as PDF and paper invoices. With all invoices processed in one channel, fraud can be prevented and one common way of working across the organization can quickly be established.
- Easy to Implement, Easy to Use – Automation allows you to streamline all of your invoice processes. With the right AP automation solutions, you can automate all of your invoice processing without the need for intensive and time consuming training and support. AP automation transfers valid and approved invoices for payment into your JD Edwards ERP system and allows for easy access by authorized users anytime.
- Generate Value from Day One – With the right AP automation tools, your organization can leverage best practice invoice processing from automating invoice validation, matching, approval, exceptions management, as well as archiving without incurring costly JD Edwards customization costs. Existing workflows along with your current JD Edwards ERP system can be easily leveraged so there won’t be any JDE customization costs.
- Access Anywhere – Invoices can be approved and accounted for by users regardless of where they are through a consistent intuitive user interface for mobile, tablet and computer. With built in archive and reporting capabilities, both invoice process as well as invoice and and accounting are easily accessible for analysis.
Automated back end AP tasks and workflows coupled with automation integration into your JD Edwards ERP system allows your AP department to focus on the strategic tasks that add value to your business rather than spending time manually processing and tracking invoices.
Berkheimer OneSource offers a range of solutions to help you automate your AP process.